I used to purchase Elf cosmetics religiously when I was younger, mostly because it was affordable and easy to use. Later in life I was able to afford high end name brand cosmetics like TooFaced Cosmetics and Dior. Since times have changed, I have decided to seek out Elf Cosmetics yet again for their affordable yet effective products.
One of my most memorable items purchased was Elf’s loose shimmery eye shadow. I think I added close to 15 shadows in my cosmetic case and I still wanted more! From jet black to shimmery white, I could never have enough!
Lately, I have been keeping my face bare due to the pandemic and closely following the states mandatory face mask requirements. I still have the occasional breakouts and minor acne around the chin (probably because of the mask, I do launder my mask often!). Which lead me back to Elf cosmetics for their affordable skin care products. Most of their products are vegan and cruelty free which I support and enjoy purchasing. I love how their products ranges from $1-$20 and under. Recently, I have decided to venture back to their products (scroll below for a detailed list).
- e.l.f. Superclarify Cleanser Foaming Gel Face Wash, 3.4 Fl Oz: Claims to clean oil, dirt, makeup, and offers a gentle cleansing gel feature. This item only requires a small amount to remove impurities. It provides a hydrating boost and leaves your skin feeling smooth and fresh. It is one of the top-rated cleansers on Amazon ranking at 4.7/5 stars! It is a close dupe to Clean and Clear’s morning burst, which also leaves your face feeling fresh and clean but at a fraction of the price!
- e.l.f. Cosmetics Holy Hydration! Fragrance Free Face Cream, 1.7 Ounce, 1.76 Ounce: This cream helps those folks who’s skin is extra dry and thirsty! I live in the desert, so this product is by far my go-to product when preparing for a good night’s rest. The holy hydration helps with combating aging skin as well, noting that it contains hyaluronic acid, which is useful for locking in moisture and preventing water loss. It also has peptides to help with collagen and nicotinamide a vitamin B to help brighten skin and reduce uneven skin tone.
- Elf Eye Makeup Remover Balm: one of the most innovative products on the market is the eye makeup remover balm. The balm dissolves eye makeup upon contact, even heavy makeup like mascara. It is rated at a 4.6/5 with reviews stating, “It does what it says!” Pretty cool if you ask me!
- e.l.f. Nourishing Facial Oil, Radiant Moisturizing Formula, 0.507 Fl Oz: If you want to radiate a natural glow, add the nourishing facial oil to your skincare routine. This product contains rose, avocado, and grape seed oil to help moisturize the skin.
- e.l.f., Prep & Hydrate Balm, Water-Based, Versatile, Lightweight, Hydrates Instantly, Helps Improve Skin Texture, Primes, Infused With Shea Butter, Cocoa, Aloe and Grape, 0.51 Oz: Some parts of the face we have what’s known as “Large Pores,” I hate them. They look like craters and produce a significant amount of oil. My problem area is on my cheeks, near my nose. By applying a little bit of Elf’s pore toner balm, it helps reduce the size of the pores and fights against oil from overproducing. I like how you can target a small area with this product.
- e.l.f. Beauty Shield Magnetic Mask Kit, 3-Piece Set, 1.76 oz.: If you have a larger problem area for enlarged pores, the beauty shield magnetic mask is ideal for you! It helps extract impurities, minimize pores, and helps brighten the skin. I could say this is your one-stop-shop for all your skin issues. However, the ratings are not as good as the pore toner balm. The review rating is at a 3.8/5 with customers stating that it is one of the more expensive products at 24 dollars, and it was difficult to remove.
- Elf Charcoal Hydrogel Under Eye Masks! 3 Sets of Single-Use Eye Masks! De-puff & Detoxifying! For a bright and Re-energized Under Eye Area! (Charcoal): This mask is supposed to be applied before makeup application and offers to plump, soothe, and detox the undereye area. It contains soybean seed, green tea, and lavender. I know green tea can awaken the skin, and lavender is an excellent relaxing component. I am still uncertain what the soybean seed can do for under the eye, but overall the rating is a 4.3/5. With mixed customer reviews, some saying it worked for them and others stating it did nothing for them.
I hope you enjoyed some of the products I enjoyed trying out recently and hope that you may find some of these products useful. Always remember to test a sample of the product on your skin for a short period of time before applying it all over. Some skin are sensitive to the components mixed into the product.
I know I will be a re-occurring customer because their products always seem to be effective, reliable, and affordable. I also enjoy how Elf stays on top of their game by producing new innovative products. Their line of merchandize never seems to stay the same and is one of the leading competitors in the cosmetic world.
*To my readers a disclosure of my writing enclosed: I am an advocate for Amazon Associates, as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Willingness to purchase suggested products is solely consumer based and by no means an obligation. Any issues regarding Amazon products must be consulted through Amazon for a resolution.